- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- K-9 Unit Hot Sauce to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4-6 eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, for garnish
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, red bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper, and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cumin, paprika, and K-9 Unit Hot Sauce, stir to combine.
Pour in the canned tomatoes and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Use a spoon to make small wells in the sauce, and crack an egg into each well. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until the eggs are set, about 5-10 minutes.
Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the top of the shakshuka, and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro. Serve hot with crusty bread or pita for dipping. Enjoy!